The conference intends to link the following groups of participants:
- Teachers of English from all parts of Vietnam at primary, secondary, and high school levels;
- Lecturers from universities and colleges;
- Interested educators and researchers in the fields of English language education;
- Administrators of English language schools and universities;
- Senior officials and representatives of the Ministry of Education and Training and other institutions;
- Representatives from the British Council, the U.S. Embassy, the Australian Embassy, the New Zealand Embassy, the Canadian Embassy, Cengage, IDP.
The 2nd International VietTESOL Conference aims to:
1. Enhance Vietnamese teachers’ capabilities of skills in English language education and research in the Vietnamese educational context, which serves the mission of preparing Vietnam for a more effective process of globalization;
2. Create a professional forum for Vietnamese and international TESOL practitioners to exchange experiences and develop ideas for research on innovative practices in the field of ELT in Vietnam and around the world;
3. Promote contextual and cultural understanding for more productive exchange of ideas and innovations among ELT professionals;
4. Achieve the Vietnam National Foreign Languages Project 2020’s aims for the academic year 2015 – 2016 with an emphasis on the innovation of curricula, testing and assessment nationwide.
Sub-theme 1: Media and technology in English language teaching and learning
- Using media and technology in ELT;
- Exploiting Internet resources in ELT;
- Using social networks in English learning and teaching.
Sub-theme 2: Contemporary issues in English teaching and learning
- Developing English language skills and components;
- Classroom practicalities: testing and assessment, lesson planning, classroom management;
- Materials/ course design and development;
- Developing communication skills, teamwork skills, problem solving skills, critical and creative thinking skills;
- Creativity in English classrooms;
- Teaching English to young learners;
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL).
Sub-theme 3: Cultural issues in English language teaching and learning
- Cultural differences in English teaching and learning;
- Cultural awareness in ELT;
- Culturally responsive teaching.
Sub-theme 4: Professional development
- Reflective practice;
- Teacher learning;
- Teachers and learners’ identities;
- Building communities of practice.
Paper Presentation: 15 minutes including Q&A session
Interactive Workshop: 30 minutes of practical teaching activities including Q&A session
Poster Gallery: posters will be displayed during the conference
Deadline for abstract submission : 31st August 2015
Notification of abstract acceptance: 1st October 2015
Deadline for presenter registration: 15th October 2015
Deadline for submission of full papers for conference proceedings: 20th October 2015
Deadline for participant registration: 20th November 2015
Submission and registration can be made at: http://viettesol.hnue.edu.vn/Conferences/VietTESOL-2015/Registration
VietTESOL Organising Committee,
Faculty of English, Hanoi National University of Education
Room 112, Building D3, 136 Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
Or Ms. Nguyen Tam Trang: +84913087099