OPENING CEREMONY OF THE 27th INTERNATIONAL BIOLOGY OLYMPIAD IN 2016


25-07-2016
On July 17th at the National Convention Center, the opening ceremony of the 27th International Biology Olympiad was taken place with the participation of Prof. Poonpipope Kasemsap – the chairman of IBO Coordinators; Embassy Representatives; Minister of Education and Training Phung Xuan Nha; Deputy Minister of Education and Training; the National Steering Committee of IBO; Nguyen Thi Nghia; Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Minh – the President of Hanoi National University of Education, the organization committee, and over 1000 students, volunteers, lecturers and observers from nearly 68 countries and territories.

THE 27TH INTERNATIONAL BIOLOGY OLYMPIAD is being held from July 17th to July 23rd in 2016 by Minister of Education and Training and Hanoi National University of Education. The contest will be organized at Hanoi National University of Education. This is the contest that has the biggest number of contestants so far and this is first time that the contest has been held in Vietnam.

        Participants will undergo a two-part exam including theory and practice tests. IBO 2016 offers an opportunity for students to explore the beauty of Vietnam and strengthen co-operation with students all over the world.  Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Minh – the President of Hanoi National University of Education said in his opening ceremony speech: “ As the host of the THE 27TH INTERNATIONAL BIOLOGY OLYMPIAD, we will try our best to make this competition run successfully”

           Speaking at the opening ceremony, Minister of Education and Training Phung Xuan Nha said that in recent years Vietnam has hosted several successful International Olympiads such as the Asian Physics Olympiad in 2004, the International Mathematical Olympiad in 2007, the International Physics Olympiad in 2008 and the International Chemistry Olympiad in 2014. This year Vietnam is hosting the IBO 2016. This is vivid evidence of the recognition and confidence of the international community for the development of Vietnam’s education, Minister Nha said.

                  Speaking at the opening ceremony, Prof. Poonpipope Kasemsap, the chairman of IBO, said that: “ Regardless of challenges and the spirit of competition, the most important spirit is collaboration. 60% of you will be the winners, but it does not mean that the rest 40% are losers. What you will gain is very valuable. That is new friends. Forming new relationships is an essential step in success and development”

             Vietnam has sent four contestants to the contests, including Vu Thi Chinh from Hanoi National University of Natural Science’s High School; Nguyen Ngoc Minh Hai from Ha Long High school in Quang Ninh province; Nguyen Dac Hieu from Lam Son High school in Thanh Hoa province and Le Thi Hong Hoa from Hanoi-Amsterdam High school.

          27th International Biology Olympiad is a chance for Vietnam not only to share scientific knowledge about biology but also to promote Vietnam’s image to the world and together we can build a better future, a better world.

Some images at the opening ceremony:

Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Minh, the President of Hanoi National University of Education, is making the opening speech

Minister of Education and  Training Phung Xuan Nha is making a remark at the opening ceremony of the 27th International Biology Olympiad in 2016

 

Prof. Poonpipope Kasemsap, the chairman of IBO, is delivering a remark at the opening ceremony of the 27th International Biology Olympiad in 2016

Dao Duy Tuan - Office for Political and Student Affairs

 


Post by: admin admin
25-07-2016
In category

international iformation