HANOI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY AND PEDAGOGY
• Goals, Missions:
- Training a bachelor of Educational Psychology with professional qualifications and ethical qualities to teach Psychology and Education for colleges and universities in different fields nationwide. To be Researchers in Psychology and Education at research facilities, who had requirements of national industrialization and modernization and international integration.
After graduation, students can continue to study at higher Education in the same major.
- The department also train the bachelor of School Psychology to be professional ethical qualities, professional knowledge and psychological practice skills in schools; to suffice the needs of students' psychological support and the need for professional advice of teachers, parents, to create the best conditions for children's development. Also to be School psychologists in all intervention centers, hospitals to help those with psychological and behavioral disorders.
- Postgraduate training in Psychology, Education, Education and Community Development have basic knowledge about: Modern psychology; modern education science; knowledge of community development and education; analyze and assess issues in psychology, education and community development; apply the knowledge and scientific knowledge of Psychology, Education, Education and community development into the research, development and proposal of solutions to develop education and development of communal fields societies and communities in specific social conditions.
• About tradition, achievements
- On March 26, 1965, Hanoi National University of Education decided to establish the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy.
- Since 1973, started to train a regular 4 years’ bachelor's degree.
- In 1977, started to train Master course
- The school year 2008 - 2009, the faculty has associated with the University of St. John’s (United States) to train the first branch of Bachelor of School Psychology in the country.
- In 2014, trained the first code of Master of Education and Community Development in Vietnam.
- Since then, the Faculty has trained about 4200 bachelors of Psychology and Pedagogy and School Psychology; 1200 bachelors of non-formal education management; more than 2000 masters of Psychology, Education, Education Management, Education and Community Development; 190 doctors of Psychology, Theory and education history; More than 5000 students are trained and fostered pedagogical skills.
- With the achievements, the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy has been awarded the Anti-American Medal by the Party and the State; Second-class Labor Medal; Medal for the cause of education; Emulation flag of the Ministry of Education and Training and many merit certificates from the Prime Minister, the Ministry of Education and Training.
• Job opportunities, scholarship policies:
- Career opportunities after graduated: to become lecturers of Psychology and Pedagogy at all universities and colleges nationwide; Researchers at national and international research institutes, research centers, teachers of value living, life skills at centers and schools; Counselors in schools and centers; Researchers at national and international institutes, researchers in centers; Psychologists in agencies, social organizations and state management; and to be Suppliers of Psychological - Education services.
- Graduated students: 90% of graduates have jobs.
- Opportunities to have 2 undergraduate degrees, master and doctoral degrees:
After graduation, students have two degrees from two different majors. Students have the opportunity to study higher for a master's and doctoral degree. Graduates of Excellent and Excellent can study straight to the doctoral level.
- Scholarship policies: Every year, there are many scholarship programs for good, excellent and excellent students such as the school's annual encouragement scholarships twice a year according to the semester. There are also other scholarships such as Nguyen Truong To scholarship, "Light up faith" scholarship, "Light up the dream of school" scholarship, KF-Sam Sung scholarship, BIDV scholarship...
Contact address: V-Building, Hanoi National University of Education;